Black-on-black

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from azamiryou

azamiryou

Custom sterling and ebony pen. The sterling silver has been oxidized black.

The ebony had a light streak in it, that was a little too light for my taste. Danish oil (untinted) did a beautiful job of darkening it to a rich brown. After the oil was well cured, I applied a CA finish. I "polished" it to MM 8000 for a semi-gloss finish. (I tried it with my usual high gloss finish, but it didn't look right with the silver.)

Although it's a 7mm twist ballpoint, it's pretty big: .450" in diameter and about as long as a Navigator with the cap posted.

Attachments

• p1438-leftside.jpg
    p1438-leftside.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 206
  • p1438-rightside.jpg
    p1438-rightside.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 174
  • p1438-main.jpg
    p1438-main.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 179
  • p1438-clip.jpg
    p1438-clip.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 139
  • p1438-cb.jpg
    p1438-cb.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 160
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bluwolf

I like it! Is the photography of the black oxidizing on the silver a good representation of what it looks like in person? It almost looks like black Ti or gun metal. It's nice to see someone put some custom effort into something besides a fountain or rollerball pen for a change.

Mike

azamiryou

I like it! Is the photography of the black oxidizing on the silver a good representation of what it looks like in person? It almost looks like black Ti or gun metal. It's nice to see someone put some custom effort into something besides a fountain or rollerball pen for a change.

Thank you. Yes, it looks a lot like gunmetal or black Ti. It's (very) slightly less shiny. The wear points will show bright silver after a little use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom