Black Lucite Pelikan experiment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I looked at this Ringed Pelikan pen, and liked the looks of it, so I wanted to see how if I could get even close to the looks of it. Pelikan Tradition M215 Black Ringed Fountain Pens It was indeed a challenge, as there are many potential opportunities for failure, and there were a couple. My own fault, as I got too aggressive a couple of times, when I shouldn't have. But, overcame both of them. Now that I have this one done, I feel I've accomplished what I wanted to do, and can move on. As always, thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1338.JPG
    IMG_1338.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1340.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1339.JPG
    IMG_1339.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1341.JPG
    IMG_1341.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 196
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looks great Chuck! Very nice resemblance to the Pelikan.
Thank you, Jonathon. If I was a rich man, I would have a collection of Pelikans. A flock!:biggrin:

Pretty darn good Chuck. I like the personal flair you put into the cap finial.
Thanks Mike. That finial is a bit taller than I like. Wish I could have seen that before I quit on it.:redface: I could still fix that still, but other things are in order. BTW, thanks for the Lucite.

OOPS

That is a fabulous pen. I really, really like the cap finial--I think it is the highlight of the pen. You think its a bit too tall? I am certainly not going to say you're wrong, as I have seen so many of your pens over the years and have enjoyed them all. But personally, I think it really is the most distinctive part of the pen and looks both classy and elegant. If I was to attempt a pen like this, and my skills are not at your level, I might reduce the size of the metal rings so that they were less obtrusive.

But I would be happy with it, as is! Thanks for posting this fine effort. If you ever do re-work this concept, I would love to see it as well.

Top Bottom