Black Feathers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mrs

IPD_Mrs

I guess a little late is better than never. Here is a much better photo of the Black Eagle Feathers that were finished over the July 4th weekend. The blank was hand crafted by Eagle as you all know. When I turned the blank it had almost been a year since turning anything. Eagle's widow Lynn surprised us with this blank wrapped in a gauze cocoon waiting to be born.
BlackFeathers.jpg

BlackFeathers2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Thank you to everyone who took the time to comment.
The true secrets of exactly how this blank was made stayed with Eagle. From our many talks I am pretty confident I could replicate this pattern to some degree of accuracy but I have a dilemma. Should I try it, or should it just remain Eagle's work. I have mixed feelings and feel confident that figuring it out through trial and error would bring a smile to his face. He loved to challenge folks and encourage them to seek their own hidden talents. Two years of pondering this and I am no closer to a decision.

Thanks again for looking and letting me share.

moke

Mike
That is one awesome pen...very elegant. As far as duplicating his blanks, while not all would agree, I think it would flatter most to have their work continued on.
As you may have read, I own a Photographic Studio. I bought it from another man, in fact I am the 3rd owner in 66 years. I worked for him for 13 years before buying it, and I learned many techniques from him over the years, but he had a couple that were "his style". On his way out on the last day he pointed his finger at me and said, "You better be continuing my style"...I still shoot variations of it today. It still sells..
Mike aka Moke

Top Bottom