Black Chrome Cigar??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Guys, before I call, is the Berea "Black Chrome" cigar pens really gloss powdercoat or what I notmaly think of as "Black Chrome" a dark smokey plating??

I ordered 2 black chrome cigar kits and they came in jet black powdercoat. The bags say Black Chrome right on them as does the shipping invoice.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Lee, the only black chrome cigars I've turned are Berea, and yes, they look like black powder coat, not the dark charcoal looking chrome that I've seen on motorcycle and car parts that I know as black chrome.

For the record, Lee, its not only AZ that's doing this. I've purchased "Black Chrome" kits from 4 different suppliers, and all have been black powdercoat. I don't buy black chrome kits any longer. "Truth in advertising" "Caveat emptor"

Firefyter-emt

It's not a big deal, but I have thought it would be black chrome to be honest. I swear I have ordered a black cigar on purpose before. I just don't see where the heck "chrome" comes from though???

sparhawk

I bought black chrome cigars from woodnwhimsies a while back and it looked more like black ti. Just a shade less black. But definately not black enamel. JUst asked about this because a black chrome carbara from a,s, looked more like black enamel.Hard to tell anymore.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
These kits, coming from Asia as they do, are identified as the seller describes. For the most part, black chrome is powder coat.

redfishsc

Just about every supplier I buy from sells the black powdercoat as "black chrome". I happen to like this and have found it to be more durable than some make it out to be (a lot more durable than 24K/10K gold by any standard). I have a black "atlas" I made over a year ago that I have used for taking a LOT of notes in class, and the pen still looks good.

The one caveat to black chrome is chipping--- if you drop it, it will likely leave a bright metal chip spot. So don't drop it! Or any pen for that matter (except for the cheap 24K kits, you can drop those right in the can[}:)])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom