Black and gold closed-end in gunmetal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher

Too bad the blank was only long enough to close off the body, Had to use the kit hardware on the cap but I think it turned out alright.

Black and gold swirl, reverse painted black. The Atrax has quickly become one of the most versatile pens in my lineup. No bling, simple clean lines, good weight and just the right size.

Attachments

• BlackAndGold-Rollerball-Pen-1.jpg
    BlackAndGold-Rollerball-Pen-1.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 735
  • BlackAndGold-Rollerball-Pen-2.jpg
    BlackAndGold-Rollerball-Pen-2.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 544
  • BlackAndGold-Rollerball-Pen-3.jpg
    BlackAndGold-Rollerball-Pen-3.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 571
  • BlackAndGold-Rollerball-Pen-4.jpg
    BlackAndGold-Rollerball-Pen-4.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 163
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LanceD

While I've never tried that kit yet, I'll be ordering some this week. I really like the nice simple design of the kit and to me it really goes well as a closed end design. The black and gold resin looks and matches great with the plating also.

walshjp17

That blank goes really well on the Atrax components. Now, if you could just be able to modify that finial as can be done with Baron/Jr. series ....

Carl Fisher

Thanks for the kudos all.

I don't mind the solid finial. What I'm still working on is finding a way to hide the clip ring. If I could get that ironed out I'll be thrilled with this kit.

Carl Fisher

I'm not normally a fan of gunmetal but for some reason it works in this instance as it just stays out of the way of the blank. I think any of the other plating options would have detracted from the blank.

I know it's not kitless, but since it's closed-end I figured I'd put up some specs.

Size:
Capped length:131.8mm
Open length: 123mm
Body diameter (widest): 14mm
Body diameter (narrowest): 10.7mm
Cap diameter (widest): 14.8mm

Weight:
Capped: 46.8g
Un-capped: 21.8g

Old Lar

Nice job on the pen. I really like the blank. I make a lot of closed end fountain pens and find that some blanks are too short for both the body and cap to be closed ended. I think making at least the body as a closed end makes it look more elegant. good job!

Carl Fisher

I'm really thinking I need to make at least one or two more of these. I have a show in 2 weeks and I really expect this to be one of the first ones to leave the table.

Top Bottom