Black 7mm Pen inserts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mwoolley

Anyone know where I can purchase 7mm black pen inserts? I am having a problem with "ghosting" when I use the gold inserts in acrylic pens. I recently saw a video that suggested black inserts but, didnt say where to get them.

Thanks
Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
If you mean tubes when you say inserts, just paint them.
A quick search gave these two results along with many others
post 1, post 2.

And by the way, welcome to IAP. Be sure to take some time and check out the library. Lotsa useful info in there.

mwoolley

I ve tried (am trying) the painting route as well with mixed results. I seem to have a lot more blowouts with the painted tubes.

Thanks for the reply.
Mark

el_d

Try Using 2 part Epoxy instead of CA for glueing the tubes and paint the "hole"(inside blanks) instead of the tubes.

CSUSA has the tubes HERE

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I ve tried (am trying) the painting route as well with mixed results. I seem to have a lot more blowouts with the painted tubes.

Thanks for the reply.
Mark
Two questions, are you letting the paint dry overnight and what brand/type of paint are you using? I've had bad results with DupliColor paint not adhering to the brass.
I use thick CA to glue my tubes in, both painted and unpainted, and whenever I have a blowout, there is never any glue on the blank or tube where the blowout occurred. This indicated I didn't get good coverage when inserting the tube.

Xander

I use testors enamel to paint the blank. Let dry over night. Use 2 part epoxy, you can add a little paint to it. When inserting tube into blank, twist it as you push. I always push the tube out the other end about 1/4" and add a little more epoxy to the end of the tube, then push it back in. It is possible that the glue can be wiped off as it is pushed in.

Top Bottom