Bits of Timber- project #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

robutacion

This is my second effort at one of George's great blanks. This one is gum. I am happy with the blank and the pairing with the kit. I am not happy with the fit and feel like my skills fell short of the materials.]

Well, you may be over judging yourself, my friend, it doesn't look as bad as you think...!

Maybe slightly overturned at one barrel end but, not by much and this would be a easy fix to those that like to use CA but, I know that you don't like it much so, "filling" undersize barrels with the use of CA, is almost impossible when, the CA will allow for the filling/size correction, without being noticeable. If I had $1 for every pen that have had CA filing to correct diameters, I would be a millionaire...!:biggrin:

I actually think that you done a very good job with it, those blanks can be a challenge, but you seem to have handled it well so, looking forwards for, project #3...!:wink:

PS: I think that, the kit selection and plating, goes extremely well with that blank, the blue really pops up...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom