Birthstone Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hey Guys, I have been doing some searching around here and found some birthstone stuff, but its outdated. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a birthstone blank or cap or clip. I am looking for July's (Ruby) and I don't want to just do a red swirl. Its for my grandmother and I want it to be nice, and elegant. She wants it on a slimline since her hands are small. I guess I dont mind if its a ruby swirl if its really convincing that its a ruby swirl (if that makes sense). If Anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it! Thanks!

Note: I was thinking Tru-Stone, but I am not sure if that will work for such a small pen...

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

Hey Guys, I have been doing some searching around here and found some birthstone stuff, but its outdated. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a birthstone blank or cap or clip. I am looking for July's (Ruby) and I don't want to just do a red swirl. Its for my grandmother and I want it to be nice, and elegant. She wants it on a slimline since her hands are small. I guess I dont mind if its a ruby swirl if its really convincing that its a ruby swirl (if that makes sense). If Anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it! Thanks!

Note: I was thinking Tru-Stone, but I am not sure if that will work for such a small pen...

Alot of folks have been replacing the crystal in the clip of the Majectic pens. May want to look into doing that with a "ruby" colored crystal...

EDIT: Sorry, missed the part at first about wanting a slim-line.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advise, this is what I went with. I was worried about doing tru-stone again since last time I blew up the blank while turning, multiple times. This time I watched the heat, kept water on my skew and I think it turned out pretty good. Kit is from Exoticblanks. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• ruby tru-stone 7mm.jpg
    ruby tru-stone 7mm.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 356
Top Bottom