Birdhouse ornament question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toyotaman

toyotaman

For the ones that make these little addictive things are they good sellers and how many do you have in stock at one time? I started about a week or so ago and they are fun and right all are different. Alot of them will be gifts but I hope to sell a few to help pay for my time. I need to make a few nice displays for them soon. Any pics out there of some homemade displays. I've got several ideas but I cannot seem to quit making birdhouses.

jttheclockman

I have made over 100 of these over the years and yes they are addictive and great sellers. I am down to about 12 left this year. I started making some new designs this past summer but due to family issues I was unable to complete for this years selling season. Hopefully will do some more this summer.

What I found is people won't spend the extra money for the handmade stands so what I do is buy in bulk single and 3 piece stands and offer these for sale. I sell more single stands than 3 piece. I also put my ornaments in a plastic box and have my name burnt into a piece of wood and glued to the bottom for an extra touch. Alot of my customers like to add ribbons and hang them on the tree. I have enclosed a few photos. Sorry about a couple of them for the size. I screwed them up one time. But you will get the idea.

CopyofIMGP0139.jpg

CopyofIMGP0156.jpg

IMGP0486.jpg

IMGP0485.jpg

CopyofIMGP0525.jpg

hilltopper46

I am about sold out of the first 15 or so that I made, then my daughter wanted 8 for a table she is hosting at her church's Christmas Tea, and I have made a few more for family and to sell.

For a stand I cobbled together a 'tree' out of copper tubing with brass cup hooks to hang the ornaments from - it gets about as many comments as the ornaments. I don't think I have any pics. I think it would look nice to have a 'tree' made from a tree branch, painted white, to hang them from - it might take some searching to find one that branched off nicely with places to hang the ornaments from.

Here's a link to the ones I've done so far this year ( Opa's Pens - Opa's Ornamental Birdhouse Gallery )- recently I have gotten into the natural edge roof, which I have found to be addicting as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom