Binks Pressure Pot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sataro

I have come across a Binks 2 1/2 gal pressure paint pot. Was told it has not been used in 10 + years since work is being out sourced now. So he is not sure on working condition of paint pot. If I decide to go look at it, what do I need to be concerned with or what should I be looking for? What type of price range should I be looking at for something like this? Will be modified for casting purposes. Thanks for any info...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

I am no expert, but the Binks pot I have has a pressure certification of 80 psi marked on it. You might want to look for that. I believe that most casters work at a max of 60 psi, but that varies from person to person. Often the used pots look like they are really trashed out, but that all goes away with a really good clean up job. That does provide a good bargaining point to drive the price down. You may need a new seal, and that is another bargaining point. I feel you won't go wrong with a Binks pot.

Jim Burr

Banned
Without use, the structure is not likely to suffer fatigue except from oxidation. The gasket, fittings, and any moisture settling on the interior should get a complete look-see.

Just remember if you get it new or used stay out of the line of fire when pressuring up the vessel. Step up the pressure in gradual increments when you begin to use it just in case.

Check the cover hold down bolts and their contact area looking for over tightening or any deformed shapes that could be from misuse.

A good luck.

Dalepenkala

Billy binks is a top brand so it should be a no brainer if it looks like its in good condition. As some one stated earlier 60psi is very common so anything over that is icing on the cake.
If you do get it clean everything. I would put a light film of grease on both sides of the gasket. This will help the lid to seal. Then gradually/slowly bring the pressure up. Periodically stop and listen for leaks. You may also want to mix up a solution of water and soap and spray all the threaded connections to find any leaks the pot might have.
I wish I could have gotten a binks pot myself!

Last edited:

Sataro

Thanks for all of the info. Still trying to make arrangements with seller to look at pot.

Sataro

Looks like I will be still looking for a pressure pot. Seller does not seem to be too anxious to get together with me. No problem, still got stabilizing to do to some of my blanks. Thanks for all of the input.

Top Bottom