Binge watching videos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pianomanpj

There seems to be a popular trend these days of folks (a.k.a. my daughter) binge watching videos, especially on Netflix or Hulu. Well, I jumped on that bandwagon and I just recently finished binge watching a number of videos myself - the How-To videos on Exotic Blanks! And unlike my little mini-me, I can actually feel good about how I spent my time, as I got much more useful information than she did. Unless, of course, she intends to go into the anime business with her growing knowledge of Japanese cartoons! :rolleyes:

For those who wish to follow suit, you can find the videos right here:
Exotic Blanks :: How To Videos

And, Ed, if you're "listening", thanks very much for doing those. They are most informative and entertaining. I look forward to watching more as you post them! :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks, Roger!!! (and Michael)!!

The first videos were made when I was really struggling with cataracts--vision was something around 20-200. Learning to work with "Vegas" video editing was challenging and frustrating. THEN, I bit the bullet and got the cataracts fixed (no insurance, self employed, hence the delay, along with FEAR). NOW, I can see the software and editing is MUCH easier.

So, I have grown to enjoy making the vids!! After making 70 or so, the process is still time-consuming, but far less frustrating!

NOW, I need TOPICS~!!!!
What problems are you having, that I might be able to assist?? (I don't do kitless, and I recognize I don't know enough to delve into CA finishes)

HOW can I best assist, particularly the newer turners? If you have watched one of the vids and think it should be "brought up to date", which ones?

Again, THANKS for the thread---gives me a "high" to know someone got something out of the vids!!!

Enjoy your penmaking---let me know how I can help!!
Ed

alphageek

Former Moderator
When you want to see some REAL pen turning videos that will really expand your skills head over to YouTube and watch all of the "masters of the fountain pen".

That depends on your goals... Yes, those videos show how a master makes a kitless fountain pen and may give some inspiration, but really doesn't much direct help to most people here. Both are valid to watch, but I think Ed Browns are REALLY helpful and expand many peoples skills.

Drewboy22

I have been watching Ed's videos too. VERY informative. I have also been watching the "Naked Turner" (Thank goodness he is not really naked) :D

Top Bottom