Big name owners?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mason Kuettel

I was told a story today by a customer about someone she gave one of my products (a circuit board stylus) to. Long story short, it just so happens this young man has just recently started to campaign for office in Texas. He is from a family of politicians, his name is George Bush. He is the nephew of GW Bush.

I thought it was kind of neat that George Bush had one of my styluses (stylii?) and it got me to thinking, it would be neat to see who some of you had sold pens or other items to. What is your "famous" customer story?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Mason congrats on the work! That always makes ya feel good when you know one of your pens is in the hands of someone well known!!!

Arnold Schwarzenegger has one of my bullet pens with the Governor of California Seal and the California State Quarter on it

Here is a close up of the work

....and the pen

I will add that this was a private buy and not directly from the Govn'r himself. Two other pens were made for State Senators(one is California and the other in Indiana)as well with that same order. I have also had a pen go to Josh Hamilton when he was with the Texas Rangers.

Some of my blanks have gone to famous people:

Governor of Maine
Governor of Oregon(and some for

Last edited:

SteveG

The highest I can claim on the ladder of acclaimed important folks who own one of my pens is former Hawaii Gov. Ben Cayetano, bought from me by his wife to gift to him. It was fairly early in my pen career, and broke the then $400 barrier. Nice to have important people around who need gifts.
Steve Guzy

firewhatfire

Secretary of Commerce of state of Alabama, purchased by his wife.

It hard to top payment of a smile from someone that cant pay anything else. This I got from an 8 yo boy that was given a slate turkey call and instruction on how it is used.

His momma still has me on her hit list.:eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Phil

PenMan1

President Jimmy Carter owns one of mine, as does Civil Rights Leader and US Representative, John Lewis. I was commissioned and made a pair of Super Bowl Commeratives for Pittsburgh Steeler, Ben Rothlisberger, Colts Offensive Tackle Adam Meadows. I also made one for Trumpet Legend Phil Driscoll and if Zack Brown ever gets back home, I'm making one for him.

Jim Smith

I also gifted Clark Howard one of my pens for the work he does for consumers. I gave him Copper Jr. Retro with the chopped money/Ben Franklin blank. This first this he did after thanking me was to look at the pen and wistfully say. " I wonder if you could melt this down and put the money back together how much there would be." He is notoriously cheap and proud of it but a great consumer advocate.

Jim Smith

lwalden

George "W" Bush, Rick Perry (Governor of Texas), Jay Nixon (Governor of Missouri), Chris Koster, Attorney General for Missouri, Kay Bailey Hutchison, U S Senator from Texas, 17 pens for the 11th district Federal Reserve Bank Board of Directors, and about 20 other State of Texas politicians, but think I'm proudest of the one I was told was being sent to "Stormin' Norman" Schwarzkopf, someone I consider to be a true American hero.

JohnU

I've not had the pleasure to sell a pen to a celebrity but I have had others sell pens made from my feather blanks to Bobby Zarin, A multi millionaire who is married to Jill who used to be on Housewives of NY, and several other pens to John Ratzenberger of Cheers, voice on disneys toy story and Made in America. I can't take any of the credit but I was very flattered to hear about it.

Crashmph

I used to be on commission for the Secretary of Defense (Rumsfeld then Gates) and Deputy Secretary of Defense (England). I did not make any pens for them at the time, but I made several other items such as coin cases, decanter boxes, pen boxes, and shadow boxes. I do not know where all of the items went, but I do know that several went to foreign leaders around the world. Places like Afghanistan, China, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Japan, and South Korea are places that my work was given as personal gifts.

cwolfs69

Mike Church, radio talk show host, has a cigar i made from him. Raves about it on the show once in a while and touts my work. Has commented on us getting together and selling them in his Web Store. Mike Church Web Site

scotian12

I was commissioned to provide presentation pens to G20 leaders in Toronto in 2010, gifted pen to Dr Jeff Norman, Master Taster,Jack Daniel Distillery, Commissioned to provide Bluenose II presentation pen and cases to Canadian business and academic leaders in 2012. commissioned to provide Nova Scotia wood pens to two premiers of Nova Scotia. Commissioned pen and presentation case to Govenor General of Canada Hon David Johnson.As a vendor to Foreign Affairs Dept of Canada my pens are gifted to world representatives of Gov't and industry. Darrell Eisner

Haynie

Phil wins

It hard to top payment of a smile from someone that cant pay anything else. This I got from an 8 yo boy that was given a slate turkey call and instruction on how it is used.

His momma still has me on her hit list.:eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Phil

healeydays

I made a cutting board for Teresa Barrick who use to be married to Stephen Tyler. Does that count? Best I can do...

StephenM

My brother in law presenting a set of Missouri Oak and Irish Bog Oak pens to Mary McAleese who was the President of Ireland at the time.

225660_10150268165199255_4610281_n.jpg

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Spook Jacobs former minor and major league baseball player had one of mine that probably went into his estate when he passed. We played bridge together.

A retired Air Force Lt. General whose parents live next door also has one...but he wasn't a famous general but he did at one time command Dover Air Force Base which is just up the road a tad. The parents happen to be from the same small town in upstate NY that one son-in-law is from and knew his parents well from having taught in the same school district where my SIL/s father was a non-teaching employee.

Fireengines

So far, pens made from the teak wood deck of the USS California to four familes whose fathers survived December 7, 1941.

Try this....

I carry an extra pen with me in my backpack, usually an Art Deco Ballpoint pen. When I receive great service from someone, I hand over the pen, along with my business card, that says "Thank You" on the back.

Last edited:

Mason Kuettel

So far, pens made from the teak wood deck of the USS California to four familes whose fathers survived December 7, 1941.

Try this....

I carry an extra pen with me in my backpack, usually an Art Deco Ballpoint pen. When I receive great service from someone, I hand over the pen, along with my business card, that says "Thank You" on the back.

I gave a black ti. cigar stars and stripes pen to a young man who just completed his boot camp and is now a Marine...more rewarding than any sale!

Wood from a battleship is on my list as well.

Top Bottom