BIG IS BETTER

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Toni

Toni

I finally joined the "Big Boys Club" thanks to Gary..aka..CaptG.

I was not sure if my millefiori work would go well on the larger sized kits, this design sure does!! I Love it, great pen!! Now to find a woman who likes BIG pens:eek:

1_DSC09906_copy.jpg

Christian

Toni

I don't comment on here much being quite a novice pen-turner but I had to say something about this pen. It is absolutely stunning!! I don't know how it is done and I suspect it will be quite a while before I even begin to find out but that really is an incredible piece of work.

Christian

ldb2000

That is an amazing looking pen Toni . The word beautiful don't even begin to describe it .
Another kit that would work well with your Millefiori work is the Long click . It has a long body that would give you lots of canvas to work with . Also around here women seem to prefer click pens over twist pens and the Long click is a quality pen with a good click mechanism .

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow!!!:eek: That's an eye popper for sure. :biggrin: I also wish you'd stop making us all look like beginners.
That pen and pic is screaming....'Cover Shot':biggrin: But that would be rubbing our noses in it ( again ):tongue:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I have to agree with Skiprat . Front page and I wouldn't mind . I've had my nose rubbed in worse things around here .:frown: Very nice work Toni !

ToddMR

Exceptional job on that pen! It looks great to me. I am sure some women would love that pen. Very nicely done!

Toni

I also wish you'd stop making us all look like beginners
this comes from the man that made amazing pens from opera glasses:eek:

Another kit that would work well with your Millefiori work is the Long click
Got a link for one of them for me to look at I have not made a click pen.

Christian you can read how they are made under the Advanced Wood Turning I did a tutorial on it.

Thank you Everyone for your comments, I have knowone else to show my work to besides my family!!

As for this photo on the homepage...that would be GREAT!!:biggrin:

jskeen

That looks Fantastic! I knew you could make those big tubes really stand out with the right design, and you nailed it! I think what makes it work so well is the different size canes mixed together. If they had all been close to the same diameter, it may have looked repetitious, but between the big roses and the smaller flowers, it makes the few leaves and bugs really POP!

Technically, the execution is really good too. Almost no halo's, and the junctions are perfect. Finished on the lathe, or hand sanded and polished? What are you finishing with now days?

Great pen, just make sure you don't under price it :)

CaptG

I had the good fortune to get a sneak preview of this pen and told Toni how great it looked then. And I will say it again, awesome looking work kiddo. I hope one of these days my pc pens will look as good as yours.

thetalbott4

Great colors and fantastic photography! I dont think it matters WHAT kit you use, it's going to look incredible. I get so involved looking at the detail in the blank I dont even notice the kit.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Great looking pen Toni, it's not just for women though, I would carry something like that just to attract attention of the women.

MartinPens

Wow! Boot my pen off the cover page and put this one on! Fantastic Toni. Love the photography as well. I just can't wrap my head around how you do this and I have read over the tutorial more than once. Keep up the great work. You have lots of fans on here!

Martin

seamus7227

:angel:Toni your head must be enormous right now, from all of the compliments. Someone has to criticize it, so i will, the pen kit looks too heavy! but it still looks awesome!:biggrin:

Toni

I would carry something like that just to attract attention of the women.
Neil~good idea!! LOL

Technically, the execution is really good too. Almost no halo's, and the junctions are perfect. Finished on the lathe, or hand sanded and polished? What are you finishing with now days?
You know way toooo much!! Not finished on the lathe, hand snded and the polish is still Future.
Really Everyone I appreciate all the feedback, head is'nt getting big, trust me!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom