Big Clock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wheaties

Wheaties

This is a slab of Tasmanian Myrtle. It is approximately 5.5' by 2.5'. (I included a picture with a kleenex box for reference). The 3, 6, 9, and 12 designations were inlayed with Bois de Rose.

Overall, I'm happy with it. It was hard to get all the figure with the pics, but it has some spalting, quite a bit of burl, and a bunch of curl. Colors include grays, browns, tans, reds, pinks, and a little yellow.

I'd love to hear what you think so I can improve my future clock making endeavors!

Attachments

• IMG_0383 resize.jpg
    IMG_0383 resize.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0384 resize.jpg
    IMG_0384 resize.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0386 resize.jpg
    IMG_0386 resize.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0388 resize.jpg
    IMG_0388 resize.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 221
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Nice ... I like the wood a lot!

Now remove the kleenex box as it distracts from your work. You gave the dimensions and I think that should be sufficient for us viewers.

FrankG

Very nice piece; I like the overall design. One remark: the clock numbers and hands are a little difficult to see in black because the meld with the voids in the background - perhaps gold hands and number indicators would be easier to see and might even add to the clock's appeal. JMO

Wheaties

Thanks for the complements and advice!

Frank- I see what you mean from the pics, but in real life it stands out more. That sucker is hard to get a good pic on.

Wheaties

Zach Nice piece, beautiful wood, anyway who cares about the time when you can admire some lumber that looks like that!

Thanks everyone! Well since it's the only clock in the basement, we are LOVING not having to find the remote and hit the info button to look at the time. Now I'm wondering why it took us so long to put something up.

Top Bottom