big bowl and three small ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from moyehow

moyehow

14 in. diam 5.5 in. tall pecan mahogany. largest one i have ever made.
Small ones: spalted pecan; bloodwood, black veneer, and leopardwood; pecan and bloodwood veneer.

DSC_0607.jpg

DSC_0594.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I really like the Spalted Pecan and the Pecan with Bloodwood hollow form. For the hollow form, did you laminate layers of Pecan and Bloodwood Veneeer, or you cut the Bloodwood into strips and inlay?

Sooner of later either someone here or in one of my AAW chapters will shame me into doing a segmented turning. I suspect the AAW symposium in June 10 miles from home will be the last straw for me.

moyehow

I really like the Spalted Pecan and the Pecan with Bloodwood hollow form. For the hollow form, did you laminate layers of Pecan and Bloodwood Veneeer, or you cut the Bloodwood into strips and inlay?

Sooner of later either someone here or in one of my AAW chapters will shame me into doing a segmented turning. I suspect the AAW symposium in June 10 miles from home will be the last straw for me.

Bloodwood veneer.
Thanks for all the comments.

patharris

Local Chapter Leader
Moye, your bowls show very nice work and rich color combinations, I really like them
I'm not sure you answered Erics question as to how they are constructed. Can you give a little more detail.
Thanks
Pat

Top Bottom