Better Sellers for You

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kovalcik

From my experience, appearance is the main selling point when customers consider finishes. They may like to hear that they picked a Titanium, Rhodium, or platinum pen, but it does not drive the sale.

I have also noticed that most customers have not heard of rhodium as a finish and I tell them that it is like platinum as far as color and durability.

Carl Fisher

In all honesty, I've put a chrome and a rhodium of the same kit side by side and was hard pressed to tell any difference. I haven't done platinum so I can't compare that to anything. My customers to date haven't had a preference or even understood the difference beyond what I tell them.

The difference is supposedly in the wear, but only time will tell :biggrin:

eranox

From my experience, appearance is the main selling point when customers consider finishes. They may like to hear that they picked a Titanium, Rhodium, or platinum pen, but it does not drive the sale.

I have also noticed that most customers have not heard of rhodium as a finish and I tell them that it is like platinum as far as color and durability.

Rhodium is the stuff that jewelers plate white gold jewelry with, which gives it the silvery color. Without it, "white" gold isn't very white. As white gold is quite popular these days, I point out to potential customers that the finish is an exact match to their WG jewelry, which seems to make an impression. If you market it this way, be sure not to refer to the pen finish as white gold, as there is of course no gold in the finish.

CrimsonKeel

In all honesty, I've put a chrome and a rhodium of the same kit side by side and was hard pressed to tell any difference. I haven't done platinum so I can't compare that to anything. My customers to date haven't had a preference or even understood the difference beyond what I tell them.

The difference is supposedly in the wear, but only time will tell :biggrin:

I can tell when side by side but its a lot harder when its just one and I have to pick. Platinum and rhodium are a lot whiter silver to me

Carl Fisher

I'm thinking it has a lot to do with the manufacturer as well. I'm trying to recall, but I'm pretty sure the ones I compared were either Jr Gen II or Baron.

Top Bottom