Better clip for Cigar?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
My neighbor stopped by last night and I showed him my recent Cigar pens. He loved them (mostly). His comment was that they were easily $140 pens :D other than the chintzy looking clip [V]. "You need to pay attention to every detail and this clip just doesn't do it". Then he handed my pen back and left.

Any ideas on making/buying a nicer clip for Cigar pens?

GK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RonRaymond

No ideas on the clip, but next time your neighbor comes over, ask him if he's had any problems with the ghost of the guy who was murdered in his house a month before he moved in.[}:)]

Actually, I kinda go back and forth on the cigar clip. Sometimes I think it's chintzy, and sometimes I think it's elegant in it's simplicity. Then again, I'm sometimes rather simple myself.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Tell your neighbor you always thought it looked pretty good, but you will SURE be interested to see HIS design. Then call every couple days to see how he's doing.

Should keep him out of your hair.

His comment that they are easily $140 dollar pens tells the entire story. I don't know anything of your prices, but most people I've seen are selling cigar pens for $35-$55 dollars, or thereabouts. Yes, I suppose they could be spruced up to sell in a loftier price range, but I don't think that was the manufacturers' intention, since all three "majors" use the same clip style. I'm of the feeling that its kind of nice to be able to offer a nice pen such as the cigar in a price range that's attainable to "everyman".

alxe24

I have never turned one of these pens but it seems like the Havana roller ball. Should that be the case that will give you neighbor a different clip.
Alex Elias

Mikey

Stab him with the pen and tell him he doesn't need the clip now.[:D]

J/K of course. As with the others, I think this pen was made to sell in a certain price range. Adding a different clip or even a modified one would be nice, but not worthy of $100 more. -$10 maybe.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Interesting, all the havana ball points I found on google:images showed a screw on cap. I'll try to find the twist-havana.

ahhh got it. Rollerball vs ballpoint.

Thanks all for the direction!
GK

mick

I for one sell a lot of cigar pens. My customers range from wives buying for their husbands to serious collectors buying what they consider a very nice everyday pen. I've had the clip described by many using the words elagant, simple clean lines, sturdy and other such words, but I've never had a customer, or potential customer tell me the clip was ugly. Even customers who have decided against a cigar pen, for other reasons such as size or weight, never describe the clip as ugly. I have to go with the opinion of the many over the opinion of the one. Personally I like the pen , I like the lines of the pen. I like the way the cigar pen shows off a beautiful piece of wood...and yes I like the clip!!! [:D]

stevers

You guy's slay me. I'll be sure to not go see Greg and make a negative comment about his work, thats for sure.
Now I'm going to turn around and leave. "I said good day" [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

kirkfranks

I think I would get a PSI Classic Roller pen (PKPAR10RT)
or substitute for vendor of your choice. They both use 10mm tubes so using the better clip will not be a problem just use the square finial (he probably won't notice.)
I don't think it will be too hard to modify the tube that drives the tranny to fit under the new finial.
Make sure you get the $140.00 in cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom