Bethlehem olive wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MikeDe

Anyone know of any magic tricks that would allow BOW to maintain its' lightness after the CA finish? I'm sure I'm spitting into the wind here but maybe someone has figured it out. It just seems to lose a lot of its' charm after a finish.

Thanks,
Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Anyone know of any magic tricks that would allow BOW to maintain its' lightness after the CA finish? I'm sure I'm spitting into the wind here but maybe someone has figured it out. It just seems to lose a lot of its' charm after a finish.

Thanks,
Mike

I use thin CA and it looks great. Not much if any color change.

G1Pens

I use CA/BLO (three coats only) and everyone loves the way mine looks. The BLO darkens it just a tad, but it still feels line wood and has some texture.

MikeDe

Thanks guys. I use thin CA also. It is quite the change from final sanding to the first coat of CA. It is the difference between dry sanded wood and wood which has just been wet with something. And, yes, I know it has indeed been wet with something.
I can get the wood to maintain its' natural light color mostly if I were to go from final sanding to a buffed carnauba shine but we know how long that would last. I was only hoping that someone may have come across some nifty technique of keeping the wood light. I guess that answer is no.

Mike

Top Bottom