Bethlehem Cigar & Spalted maple Slim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from psperan

psperan

OK, I have made about a dozen slim lines now so I figured I would graduate to cigar pens :) I used a Bethlehem blank with a chrome kit for my first one. The second pen is a slimline that I used spalted maple with a antique copper kit. Again all comments are welcome, its the only way to get better :biggrin:

My Photography is not the greatest and looking to hone those skills as well. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• spalted slimline.jpg
    spalted slimline.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 270
  • Cigar pen.jpg
    Cigar pen.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 372
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Very nice work, Your photography isn't as bad as mine, I like the cigar timber, also the spalted maple, both are nice pens keep going the photo skills will improve, at least that's what they told me. ,,, Maybe you'll do better than me I hope.

Drstrangefart

Those are both very nice jobs. I like the antique copper on the slimline. About all I do right now is slimlines as it's what I have in the arsenal to work with. The cigar looks like it came out beautiful.

ctubbs

Phil, you created two beautiful pens. The fit of the timber is excellent and the finish is as god as the fit. Congratulations. I would suggest that your background needs to be very clean if using a dark one. I prefer dark backgrounds mostly but when one is used, you have to pick all lint and stuff off them or get them far enough behind the subject to loose teh extras out of focus. The pens themselves are pretty well in focus end to end. Just my $0.02 today.
Charles

Drstrangefart

I just set mine down on a piece of blank Xerox paper with an end propped up so there's not really a background when I do mine. It's not fancy but it works. My internet runs at 28kps and it loads pretty pixel-y pictures so I can never really tell if I got a good photo. Running on instinct right now.

psperan

Thanks for the feedback

Appreciate the comments on the photography, I will take the advise.

robutacion

You did not mention anything about the segmenting you've done on the spalted maple, what did you use on that...???

The Olive wood has certainly quality grain on that blanks, it did turn out good.

Both pens appear to be well turned (shape), fit and finish therefore a good overall effort...!:wink:

Cheers
George

psperan

segmented maple

Actually i did not segment the Spalted maple, this was my second attempt because the first one kept breaking apart. This one I used thin CA to hold it together while I turned it but that was it.

psperan

Spalted maple

Yes that was the natural line in the wood. I won the wood from an eBay auction and its pretty nice stuff. I just tried a Fountain pen with the same stuff with little luck, the barrel is good but the cap it terrible. Anyway the point is about the wood, its nice.

Top Bottom