Best Practices in Pen Making

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TerryDowning

Inspect you pen kits at point of sale or when they arrive in the mail. Look for finish problems, operate the transmission, make sure all parts are in the bag. Nothing like meeting a deadline only to find that your last pen kit has a fatal flaw.

+ 1 on the above and if purchasing your blanks inspect those as well for obvious signs of impending disaster. I recently returned 2 blanks out of an order of 30. 1 was undersized (Too Short to get a designer pen out of), 1 was badly cracked and would have disintegrated the minute I got a tool on it. It may not have even survived drilling. Better to find the problem while it can still be returned.

Remember to get what you pay for.

Chasper

Don't believe everthing you read on IAP. For almost every "best practice" the are a good number of people who believe that the practice is unnecessary or that something different is better.

Do it your own way, make your own mistakes, but most importantly try everything that someone else claims to be a best practice. They may be right.

tjseagrove

Chasper said:
Don't believe everthing you read on IAP. For almost every "best practice" the are a good number of people who believe that the practice is unnecessary or that something different is better.

Do it your own way, make your own mistakes, but most importantly try everything that someone else claims to be a best practice. They may be right.

I like that reply. I am an IT Tech by day and I always say...

To find the correct way to fix a problem, count the number of techs in the room and that is the number ways there will be to do it.

I find I take a little from this person and a little from that person and come up with a plan from there. It is like going to the grocery store, full of good things but you get what you need and leave the rest...

Tom

Top Bottom