Best pen case source?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

Can any of you guys tell me the best source you found for pen cases?

I bought a case from PSI before (48 pen capacity w/ lid) and liked it a lot but it is for slimlines and they won't hold my Baron, Jr Gent, Cigar, Round Top Euro, Perfect Fit, etc. properly without the risk of damaging the pens.

If nothing else...I am considering buying from PSI again the same case but with the 32 pen capacity. It sells for about $33.95 regular.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Dario they make the same case with larger slots to fit the Barons, cigars, etc... it is what I use to display my stuff at my crafting booth... CSU also carries the same cases.. check with them for pricing too

alamocdc

Dario, if you get that one, get it from Woodturningz and save a few bucks. I got my zippered leather case from them and it holds everything from my SLs to my Gentlemans pens (48 pens) for $39.95 from them.

Ron Mc

Billy,
I just looked around the woodturningz site and I'll be darned if I can't find any mention of pen case. I could use a couple as well for larger pens.
Have you ever purchase any pen blanks from this group?
If you could e-mail me any info I would appreciate it.

Dario

Billy,

I heard a lot of good things about woodturningz...but looks like their site is a joke. I tried e-mailing Ryan about a year ago inquiring about his pen kits but never got a response. Never bought anything from him as a result.

alamocdc

Ron, email sent.

Dario, that's too bad. Fritz, are you listening? But I think you're right about the web site. However, they have improved it in the last few months. At least now you can order SOME things online, but this is only a very small portion of what they offer. I have to admit that they are sometimes a bit slow at answering email traffic, but I almost always get a response. If I don't get one as soon as I think I should, I shoot them another. Squeaky wheel sort of thing. They always return my calls when I can't get straight through though.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Got to agree with all their site is a nightmare...
If you need anything from them the best thing is to call and hope they are in, they will return you call though... they are good about that...

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Fritz, I got your back! (My thanks for the freebies in my last order) For the most part, Woodturningz has everything Penn State Industries has, but for less. Call their toll free number, talk on their dime, and get some good deals. I have a picture of their pen case, but don't know how to attach it here. Anyone who wants a pix of the pen case email me and I'll send it. I don't remember the price, but it looks like a nice case.

Gary Max

I agree----real nice folks if I need soemthing right NOW Fritz is who I call. Woodturningz has great prices and super service. Plus Fritz is a pen turner on top of evrything else---he knows pens.

fritzmccorkle

Dario, we're not that hard to get ahold of. i bought some of your pen blanks just the other day. Ryan spends hours a day keeping up with the emails. my box is a little less flooded at fritz@woodturningz.com. i answer all my emails as several on here can attest to, but phone calls do get returned a bit faster. We have a very nice line of leather cases in 12,24, and 48 pens sizes for 21.95, 29.95, and 39.95. we don't have pictures on our website, but alamodc has some in his album of them (and i admit, i pulled off his pics the other day so if you want me to i can eamil them to anyone). by the way...except for lunchtime we're always here during the day (9-6 central) but sometimes we're on the phones or trying to make a shipping deadline. to be honest at this point i spend pretty much all day long answering calls. i get the ones i can as soon as they come in, the others i have to call back. Ryan and michael are also on the phone large portions of their day as well.

Dario

Fritz,

I checked Billy's album and went through all 15 + 1 pages but saw nothing there.

Please email me the pic. I am interested on one that can hold the bigger pens...and with the most capacity possible.

Thanks!!!

alamocdc

Okay, I don't know what's going on here, but last night I left a post on this thread with a link to an IAP thread showing a photo of my pen binder that Dario was asking about. Now it isn't here so I'll try again. Check here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8457&SearchTerms=pen,case

alamocdc

Yes, Jim, I am very please with the case... except for one thing. I've put three lacquer finished pens in it, all fully cured. One three months, one about three weeks when it went in and the other right about in the middle and they all seem to react to the leather (or tanning of the leather) of the binder and stick to it. It hasn't hurt the pens, but I've had to rebuff them to remove the haze from where they were stuck. They are no longer in it. Something of a paradox is the fact that I have 6 pens in it that I finished with my lacquer based homebrew FP and they don't react to it at all. [:(] Go figure.

JimGo

Originally posted by fritzmccorkle
<br />this is nothing like the harassment i endure here at work. course i like to think i give at least as good as i take.
That's a brave thing to say here Fritz!

So, when are you guys gonna update that darn web site????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom