Best of IAP Contest - Winners Announced!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Best of IAP Contest – The Winners

These are the results of the Best of IAP Contest. Please be aware that I gave the judges instructions to only award a prize if they felt the pen was worthy of being considered top in it's class. Consequently one category had only one prize awarded, and another had only two. In addition, one class had a fourth prize awarded, which I hadn't anticipated, but the pen was felt worthy of a prize.

Winners in the Casting Category:
1st place – John Underhill (JohnU) for a feather casting.
2nd place – Eric Beuker (Buzzzz4) for a brown casting.
3rd place – Marla Mills (Crickett) for a paper casting.
4th place – David N Miller (Mudpuppie) for a coal casting.

Winner in the Segmenting Category:
1st place – Bruce Robbins (Brobbins629)

Winners in the Kitless Category:
1st place – Bruce Robbins (Brobbins629)
2nd place – Justin Short (Timebandit)

Winners in the Open Class:
1st place – Michael Redburn (Mredburn) for a casein/silver/opal pen.
2nd place – Justin Short (Timebandit) for a Dark Toffee pen.
3rd place – Justin Short (Timebandit) for a cebloplast pen.

And the Winner for Best of Show is: Michael Redburn (Mredburn) for a casein/silver/opal pen.

Prizes
Each 1st place winner will receive a $100 US cash prize
Each 2nd place winner will receive a $50 US cash prize.
Each 3rd and 4th place winner will receive a $25 US cash prize.

The 1st place winner in each category will receive a one year subscription to Woodturning Design Magazine, the sponsor of this contest.

The Overall Winner for Best of Show, will also receive an article published in Woodturning Design Magazine about their pen.

I will stop in later and be able to fill in some of the details. I anticipate getting your pens back to you in about two weeks as they are still being photographed. If the winners have pictures of their pens, I encourage them to post them here so all can see.

Thank you all for participating!

Scott.

MarkD

Congratulations to all the winners!
From the pens we have seen so far it must have been a difficult decision!
I would also like to congratulate everyone that entered that contest but didn't place. In my eyes they are all winners!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Congrats to all. Sorry but no pictures of mine yet - forgot to take them before sending in. Hopefully the magazine will send us some as photos are not my strong suit. If not, I will try to post when I get them back.

Scott - any chance of us getting copies of the magazine photos?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
My congratulations to all my winning competitors. Too little, too late for me this year. But, I'll be better prepairednext time.

David M

Congrats to the winners and all that entered . Very happy to just to have placed in this contest . Thanks for putting this on and to the judges .
David

Timebandit

Wow!! I got all 3 of my pens in there!! Congrats to all that entered.

To Mike, congrats on the big win, but i have 1 question. Why didnt you show us your 3rd pen, which happens to be the Best Overall Winning pen? You showed us the other 2 but not this one. Why? Did you forget to take pictures of it, or did you just think that is was going to blow everyone out of the water and didnt want to discourage everyone:biggrin: I would love to see the big winning pen. Any chance we could get a glimpse at it?

Ive already shown my 3 pens in the other thread, but if all would like to see them again i will post them in this thread to.

Last edited:

khertzog

Winners Pictures

Folks, I know all of the participants will be posting their entries as they have an opportunity with much more detail regarding their entry. I have taken the liberty of posting the results pictures of the four categories, the winners of each of the categories group, and the Best of Show. Congratulations to all who participated. Lots of very interesting work!
Best,
Kurt

Lenny

Congratulations to all the winners ... And you are WINNERS!!!! :)

and ... Thanks for providing inspiration to the rest of us by sharing your work and methods here! :)

Top Bottom