Best Cushion Grip?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpens

I have a customer who truly enjoys writing but now suffers from numbness, cramping, curling of the fingers, tingling sensations, and inability to control the pen. Can anyone give me some advice as to which cushion grip pen you would recommend for this situation? I have the PSI Comfort Grip pens. These are not what I am looking for.
Thanks in advance!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Jim, my mother came down with carpal tunnel a couple of months ago. I took a dozen different style pens to her to try. Guess what felt best? The Atlas. It wasn't overly heavy and she didn't have to grip too tightly. It seems to be working for her as I'm no longer writing checks for her.

PenWorks

I did not do the leather thing, but thanks for giving me credit for it. I forgot who did it.
I went to the office supply store and bought 5 different styles of rubber grips, took them off the pen and tried a couple on some pens I made, I thought they looked ugly and never finished the assembly. I got some PSI grip thingys, I'm going to try and turn them, naybe that might work.
But the client I was making them for, bought a couple of Jr. Ball Pens.

My recomendation, would be a Ligero fountian or roller ball, large enough to make it easier to hold, and very light weight pen.

Anthony

dougle40

This is what I came up with for a girl at work who has Arthritis in her hands and she absolutely loved it . I added the lip at the bottom of the pen . No more pen slipping down and you don't have to apply any more pressure to the pen .

200512343651_Deer%20Antler1sm.jpg
<br />

woodpens

Originally posted by opus
<br />I've done the CSUSA softgrips but I was thinking about ordering a few of these from BB, they look like they might have a little better size<br />
That's more like what I had in mind. I guess I need to run a few ideas by her. I told her that I have had other customers who were pleased with a pen that had a larger body. I'll send her some pictures and let her think about it.

Thanks for all the ideas!

jkirkb94

Jim, I do a lot of writing at work and suffer at times with carpal tunnel. I turn my European and Cigar pens a little fatter and have found that it decreased the discomfort in my hand. Also consciously gripping lighter and pressing down easier has helped. Kirk[8D]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I found a couple of thing that helped my FIL... first I made him an Atlas which he found much nicer to hold.. but he had a habit of bearing down on the pen... I changed the refil to a gel ink refil and he said he did not need to bear down as hard to write.. I really think the concept of bearing down is more mental than anything.. especially with older customers who were used to the bad old ballpoints.. LOL..
I personally always use a gel ink refil instead of a standard ink, mainly because I like the way it writes more smoothly and darker... that combined with a larger diameter pen may be the ticket for this customer...
and the Atlas can be made larger in diameter if need be without sacrificing looks..

rlh

Originally posted by opus
<br />Jim,
I've done the CSUSA softgrips but I was thinking about ordering a few of these from BB, they look like they might have a little better size

200512345213_bfw539_Soft_Grip_web.jpg
<br />
Scott, did you try this kit? I am thinking about ordering some but wondered if anyone has had any problems with the click mechanism before I do.[:)]
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom