best click pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

The best IMHO is the long click. And to my knowledge, there is not a production kit for a rollerball click pen. Rollerballs need to be capped to prevent the ink groom drying out. However, some people have done kitless rollerball click pens.

The long click does a great job of showing off the blank. The click mechanism is audible and positive.

I also like the Vertex from PSI. It has great balance, Sits well in the hand and the styling is right on for me. I sell quite a few of them. The click mechanism is different. VERY smooth and nearly inaudible. Nice change from the other stles.

BSea

The long click does a great job of showing off the blank. The click mechanism is audible and positive.

I also like the Vertex from PSI. It has great balance, Sits well in the hand and the styling is right on for me. I sell quite a few of them. The click mechanism is different. VERY smooth and nearly inaudible. Nice change from the other stles.
The vertex click is smooth & silent, but it's not available from CSUSA. But even if they did carry the vertex, I still think the long click is more reliable.

Dan Masshardt

I like the long click but haven't sold any of the 3 that I've made yet. For that reason they're on the back burner for now.

I like the aero click as well.

Interesting that you say that, Dan, because it's been my experience, also. Personally, I really like the Clicker (long click) but for every one that I've sold, I bet I've sold ten Vertex's.

Bigj51

I've had 10x more failures with the long click than the vertex. Customers as well as myself love the vertex.

BSea

I've had 10x more failures with the long click than the vertex. Customers as well as myself love the vertex.
Really :eek:

That's the 1st time I've heard anyone say this. I'm not arguing with you, just surprised. What's been the problem with them? I do know the spring has to be put on correctly, or they tend to bind at the nib. But that's the only issue I know about. I have one that's over 3 years old that I use daily.

I can see the attraction to the vertex over the long click. The vertex has more style, and the mechanism is very smooth & quiet. And if it wasn't so fragile, I'd have to agree that it would be a better choice.

I will say that I don't sell many pens, so I don't have a lot to go on as far as practical experience. I've only made 2 vertex pens, and as far as I know, they still both work. I've made probably 30 long clicks without a failure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom