Best afzelia burl ever, what would you make?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

Afzelia burl is my favorite wood by far, I got an obsession for that wood. To date this piece is the most awesome I had the chance to grab. Heck, I might as well keep it that way for a while! It's on my desk, the colors are just insane.

Dimensions are 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" x 11 1/4" and click the thumbnail. :)

Charles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thetalbott4

I do the same thing. I find a spectacular piece of material and then...just admire it. My wife isnt sure if I'm a turner or a collector. lol. Me either.

spnemo

I think your best option is to trim off a 3/4" slab from one side and send it to me!:biggrin:

ctubbs

Charles
If you need a place to hide that magnificent piece of creation, I'll gladly offer my shop as a resting place for it.:wink::rolleyes: See with both of us with the same name, no one would ever suspect the transfer.:):biggrin:
Charles

CharlesH

ctubbs said:
Charles
If you need a place to hide that magnificent piece of creation, I'll gladly offer my shop as a resting place for it.:wink::rolleyes: See with both of us with the same name, no one would ever suspect the transfer.:):biggrin:
Charles

Hahahaha! MY PRECIOUS!!!

mrburls

Awesome piece of wood Charles:good::good: I always try to buy up pieces of wood like that, never know one day when you might need such a piece like it.

Keith "mrburls"

bitshird

Charles, you sure do manage to accumulate some outstanding pieces of timber. this of course is no exception, I have a fair bit of Afzelia Burl, but I haven't seen any with the mineral streaking or what ever caused the color, It is a fantastic piece of wood, I'd just be contented to look at it for a good long while..

CharlesH

Charles, you sure do manage to accumulate some outstanding pieces of timber. this of course is no exception, I have a fair bit of Afzelia Burl, but I haven't seen any with the mineral streaking or what ever caused the color, It is a fantastic piece of wood, I'd just be contented to look at it for a good long while..

I turned a similar piece a while ago! I will look at that piece for a long time! :)

Charles

Turned.

This is with sanded/turned to bushing using 600 grit sandpaper and fine layers of CA.

And finished! :)

The pen.

Top Bottom