Bernie needs your thoughts and prayers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

I got an email from Bernie'swife Shirley; y'all mostly know him as Brokenbit. He's in the hospital again.
The only details I have are "if he has the operation ...[he's] going to need a lot of prayers
and help to get him through this ordeal."

I know he's been having health issues related to his heart and the main arteries.
I'm very concerned about him; he's been in too much in the recent past.

Please lift him up in prayer if you're inclined. If not, please think good wishes.
Posts here will be greatly appreciated -- I'll send a link to Shirley.

We're prayin' for ya Bernie. Be strong.
Peace,
Gary

jimm1

Lord, You invite all who are burdened to come to You. Allow your healing hand to heal me. Touch my soul with Your compassion for others. Touch my heart with Your courage and infinite love for all. Touch my mind with Your wisdom, that my mouth may always proclaim Your praise. Teach me to reach out to You in my need, and help me to lead others to You by my example. Most loving Heart of Jesus, bring me health in body and spirit that I may serve You with all my strength. Touch gently this life which You have created, now and forever. Amen.

brokenbit

To all of Bernie's friends at IAP thank you for all of your support. Gary or I will keep you up dated. I am printing your responses to take to him in the hospital for him to read as I am sure it will help. Again Thank you for your prayers and support.
Bernie's wife Shirley

GaryMGg

Bernie called me last night. He sounds pretty good but reasonably concerned.
He said the problem is his carotid artery. The surgeon will have to drill into his skull
behind his eye and replace a portion of the artery.
Bernie is a veteran and currently at the VA hospital; he described his nurse as a
tough gal but she's apparently softened enough to help him get approved to go to
the hospital of his choice in Tampa for the operation.
They should move him there Monday.
Keep thinkin' good thoughts y'all.
We're rootin' for you Bernie!
Cheers,
G

snyiper

Bernie and Shirley we will keep you in the family's prayers and thoughts!! You'll get through this and be turning in no time!!!

GaryMGg

Bernie called me today to say he's home and will be posting when he and Shirley can work it out.
They're having him return to Tampa General later in the week.

brokenbit

Hello to all my friends at IAP. I want to thank you for all your prayers and support. I came home from Tampa General on Tuesday and will go back on Monday at six a.m. They needed to thin my blood so I am taking aspirin for that. They are going to try a stent on Monday and hopefully that will work if not it will be the serious operation where they have to drill a hole in my head and put a graft in to open the artery.
Thanks Gary for keeping everyone in formed. Hope to be back on line soon as I have a new design for my Independence pen. I can not use my hands but can still use my brain. Thanks again Bernie & Shirley

GaryMGg

I got a call from Bernie last night, where he's home recuperating.
The previous time we spoke he said having everyone offer prayers helped.
Last night he said they didn't have to do any of the real invasive surgery.
The doctors put in a stent and so far so good. Bernie said he's feeling good.
Alright!

Top Bottom