Berea RT European Bushing problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

I discovered this problem months ago when I made my first 8mm Berea RT Euro pen. Then I didn't make any for quite a while and forgot about it until this past week.[B)] The nib bushing is 0.015" undersized for the nib. There is absolutely no excuse for this this sort of difference, but I know it won't do any good to complain. Fortunately I also have the bushings for the Perfect Fit and the nib bushing for the PF is the right size for the RT Euros. I know, a lot of people don't like this kit because the length of the upper barrel is extremely critical. I've solved this problem by using the PKMONTPAR transmission and throwing away the crappy Berea transmission.

Pipes

I make them all the time with ZERO problems never even had a problem with the transmision . I solve the upper barrel problem with the little gauge Berea sells it works great . Having said all that I won't buy a Berea kit from Berea they have NO clue what service is. I buy them from Bill at AZ . Same kits with service :O) And your right it a do NO good to complain ! I sent 3 transmisions back on another kit to Berea a year ago and never heard a thng back from them ![:(!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom