Berea Perfect Fit Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rogerwaskow

I am finishing the pen off and then found things are not quit as they should be. I then read the instructions only to find I have to remove the timber to the brass on the barrell for 1 7/8' which is 22.250mm in metric. This sounds excessive but is this correct. :confused::confused: I don't want to cut it down to the brass and then find I have cut to much as I have to deliver the pen tomorrow.

Any help will save my skin and rest assured I will follow my late dad's advise. If all else failes, read the instructions:biggrin:

Many thanks guys

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mwhatch

Your not removing 1 7/8", just measuring that distance to find the spot to cut the groove for the center band.

(After sanding with the 440 grit, stop the lathe and measure 1 7/8" from the cap
clip end and mark. With a sharp parting tool cut a groove all the way to the brass
tube on the cap center band end. This will receive the center band of your pen.)

Morton

thewishman

It seems like too much, but it works. I sometimes cut a bit less off, but just a very tiny bit less. Once you press the centerband on, it will not come off. No matter what you do, it cannot be removed. People seem to like the pen, especially since it can become a pencil with a simple switchout of refill.

rogerwaskow

ME IDIOT

Hi Guys and thanks for the help. I had another look and found out just what you guys are saying. You know what this idiot then did. I took it off on the wrong end. :eek::frown::mad: Luckely, from previous experience I ordered a spare set of brass from Bear Tooth otherwise I would be up the creeck without the paddle thing. All has turned out well and thanks to you guys for the super fast reply's. I really feel I am not alone even if I am on an island.

Kind regards:)

Top Bottom