Berea Pen Assembly instructions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

charliekap

Just got back into pen turning and was rummaging through some boxes that I had stored away. I found a box from Berea that had 5 fountain pen and 5 roller ball kits. My guess is that these kits are at least 10 years old. There was a piece of paper in the box that indicated that these were Round Top European Style - Screw Cap Roller Ball / Fountain Pen kits. There are 11 parts in the fountain pen kit. I just purchased a Round Top European Style - Fountain Pen kit from Berea and they are not the same as what I have (fewer parts). The instructions on the Berea site do not match the kits I have and I cannot find any other (older) instructions on the site. Does anyone save the older pen kit instructions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
When I started turning 2 years ago I dusted off a box that was 20 years old! It had a starter kit from HUT with 20 slimline pencils and pens. It was to turn pens on my drill press. I still have a pen that I did that way (for the life of me I can't remember how I did it. I suspect I sanded the blank the whole way down?). The pen is an absolute piece of s..t, but it is fun to pull out and see how much better I can do now - even being only slightly proficient! :)

Enjoy and welcome back to the obsession!

charliekap

Pen Parts

I hope these pictures provide the needed detail. Thanks for the offer to assist...

Charlie

Attachments

• IMG_1365.jpg
    IMG_1365.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1367.jpg
    IMG_1367.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1368.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1369.jpg