Berea mandrels???????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The Berea kits use lettered mandrels,A&B.
WIll the slim line kits(A mandrel) work on a "standard" mandrel?
i.e. a mandrel that PSI kits (Woodturningz)1/4" use.
It's a little confusing and I don't want to order a different mandrel set up if I don't have to.

Each manufacturer of bushing and arbors have their own dimensions. I have found that an standard arbor from Woodcraft Supply works with Berea "A" bushings and PennState standard bushings as well as Woodcraft bushings. Frankly if I bought a set of bushings that wouldn't go on the arbor I have I would drill them out to fit. Don't know what I would do if I got bushings that were too loose.

The "B" arbor and bushings that Berea sells are (to my limited knowledge) the only ones like that. And if I am wrong on that please, someone, correct me. The "B" arbor is somewhat larger than standard and is a little less prone to vibration and bending in use.

G

As far I know know you are correct on the "B" mandrel.
I Purchased some of the Perfect Fit pens From Bill At Arizona Silouhette(which have been good sellers,the pencil switchout is a great idea also)It takes the "B: mandrel

William Young

The slimline kits from both PSI and Berea fit my universal mandrel and bushings I got from PSI. The kits appear to be identical except for cosmetics on the clip. The transmissions and other parts look like they were made under the same roof.
W.Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom