Berea Elegant Beauty in Cotton Candy Pink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BruceA

BruceA

This is a blank from Woodturningz - an Inlace Acrylester called Cotton Candy Pink. I've been working on testing different pink blanks from Woodcraft, PSI, Berea, Woodpenpro, and BearTooth Woods.

This particular blank is what I like the best - great color saturation, nice pink hue, and it turned like a dream. Very consistent, with ability to hold the fine details without getting ragged. Sanded up nicely in the tight spots, too.

Turned with 5/8" skew, wet sanded 400, 600, then Micromesh to 12k. Hut Crystal Coat, then Ren Wax final.

These Berea kits are still on sale for $10. There's a Platinum version, too. They are the same tube size as the standard Sierra and are cross-compatible with the bushings and Sierra kits.

Attachments

• Cotton Candy Pink Elegant Beauty from Berea.jpg
    Cotton Candy Pink Elegant Beauty from Berea.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 202
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BruceA

Which Sierra --

Ken,
This is the Elegant Beauty from Berea, based on the Sierra tube.

The "real" (ie. first) EB is shorter, and has a smaller tube, with twist mechanism at the top.

I like this kit because it provides yet another option for any Sierra blanks. Also, I've been experimenting with the knurls, and the plain top of this kit looks cleaner than a standard double-knurled top Sierra.

Top Bottom