Bentwood and stainless ring

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodguy95

Woodguy95

I would like to begin this post by thanking everyone on this forum. You guys gave me lots of ideas and tips.

I recently started a project with my local jeweller. We want to lunch a line of wood and metal rings. There is still a lot of work to do... got some of the desings down some wood selections... Here is some of the first one's I did. The first one is Walnut and the second one is paduk. They are both bentwood which means it is layers of thin veneer wraped around the metal ring and glued to it

I have a few qustions for you

What do you think, does it look nice? would you be interested in one of those or do you think I'm just beeing crazy?

Would you like to see some exotics such as burls?

That last question is more for the machinists of this world
I polish the metal myself but after rubbing the ring on a paper towel or even a glass cleaning cloth I get a bunch of really small scratches which you can hopefully see in the picture. Any good tips or miracle solution?

By the way the finish is ca

Any comments, critics and questions will be welcomed

Attachments

• IMG_9759.jpg
    IMG_9759.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_9760.jpg
    IMG_9760.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_9766.jpg
    IMG_9766.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_9765.jpg
    IMG_9765.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

WOW !!!mAN YOU ARE ON TO SOMETHING. kEEP IT UP !!!! I cannot help you with the technical advaice part of your questins.

Last edited:

Woodguy95

WOW !!!mAN YOU ARE ON TO SOMETHING. kEEP IT UP !!!! I cannot help you with the technical advaice part of your questins.

Thanks for the comment. I'll be making more next week as I will receive more metal rings... I'll also have different designs next week.

Woodguy95

To answer a few questions... I do not buy the liners my local jeweller makes them for me. For now he gives them to me for the prototype part of the project. However wen we'll be selling them He will give the liners to me, I'll put the wood on it and he'll pay may for the wood job...

I thought the liner was stainless but it is in fact silver. Since silver is easier to pour than stainless...

For the scratches he told me it was ok

Charlie_W

I would suggest that the jeweler polish the silver again after you return them to him with the wood band on them.....as long as a silver polish doesn't discolor the wood or get into pores in the wood.

Good luck!

Woodguy95

I would suggest that the jeweler polish the silver again after you return them to him with the wood band on them.....as long as a silver polish doesn't discolor the wood or get into pores in the wood.

Good luck!

We tried that but in his polishing process he uses steam which melts the finish... however on my polishing process I use micromesh then a plastic polish for car headlights. It does a decent job

Top Bottom