Bench Drill Press search help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
So my search for my a bench top drill press has become a royal PITA. Sears has one by order only, yet they have one on display in store:cool:. the plus side is that it is 3/4 hp. Now Harbor Freight has one yet it is 1/2 hp. Both Lowes and Home Depot have theirs but both are 1/4 hp. I want to keep inside my Budget of $120 ARGH!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I am at wits end it seems. Craigs list has plenty of stand models but beyond that they are rusty piles of crap.

You know I wouldn't get too caught up in the HP rating for these. Some manufacturers rate there motors by the peak and some don't. If you are drilling for your pen blanks mostly all of them are going to do a great job. It is like the debate over 1 hp or 3/4 hp. It's funny I have a bench top drill press but rarely use it. I drill everything for pens on my lathe now?

I hear you on Craigslist, some of the stuff is just a pile of rust and the prices can be way out of whack.

Reason that I am looking is to drill what can't be done on a lathe, Like 45 degree cuts into a board to make a magic wine bottle stand as an extra sale via the impulse.

Top Bottom