Before the wife got home!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Super customized pours....11-colors!!!

Yes, when it's raining...well, it rains. Too wet to play outside, I tried just before making this. Echo Calls insert and band.....guess I'll have to find a market for these, it's too much fun to turn them!

16805346281_c7d20c0063_c.jpg

16599167667_8e9cf4457d_b.jpg

16184109444_80eee44150_b.jpg

Closer then the last macro, ya have to get really close to see a micro-scratch!!
16186524603_73dcc5fa5d_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.....

Scott (I'll stop now...wife is home) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fay Prozora

It's so beautiful! I bet it was so pretty while turning that. I remember the first time I turned a piece of acrylic into a pen and as it turned and I'm shaping the pen, the colors would be so pretty and it was fun watching the shine come up during the sanding and such. That call is so beautiful and I too thought the last one posted was so pretty. Can't seem to decide on a favorite. If I were to purchase that, I would end up with both because it's so hard to chose. Great job on that one... Fay

SDB777

At some point, I'll need to figure out how to price something like this....it's probably not going to adhere to the simplified version of pen selling/pricing that I do? After all, making them is fun....but explaining to the "One-that-must-be-obeyed" the reason for 60 duck calls laying around the house, well I'm sure someone understands.

Maybe auctions on FaceBook(as there has to be at least twenty 'groups' there) would be a better gauge on pricing, but I'd still need to offer an 'opening bid'.....errr, this isn't getting easier.

Thanks for the kind words, I can only take credit on these for making the pieces fit together and bringing out the 'shiny'!!!

Scott (wife's gonna have the fat head) B

BSea

Not bad for a "Barrel Stuffer".:biggrin:

I'm fortunate enough to live within driving distance of Scott, and I got to see this & his other one yesterday at our local IAP meeting. Both are amazing.

And for those who don't know, a barrel stuffer is someone who makes the barrel, and uses a pre-made insert. (I didn't know what a Barrel Stuffer was till yesterday).

Good job Scott!

Last edited:

SDB777

Thanks Bob!

Yeah, I learned about the "Barrel Stuffer" the other day myself....I think it's supposed to be an insult(if they only knew what I've been called before....hehehe). The barrel is the first thing anyone sees when looking at a call, it'll make or break whether or not someone will take out their wallet, and it's the first thing those that purchase get complemented on with their friends!

Yes, I used a Echo insert, but their inserts 'sound good' and don't need any fiddling to get them quacking! At some point I'll probably get a jig to make my own inserts...there are just too many different designs to choose from, and some can cost as much as $800(that's sort of crazy){average price seems to be $120-195}

BTW, made a few(three) more extreme game call blanks to turn some more. Not as extreme as 11-color combos, but an 8-color, 6-color, and 9-color. Pure one-of-a-kind to keep those that 'look' from copying......

Scott (quack-quack-quack) B

SDB777

Just a head's up....the "Barrel Stuffer" got $50 for this one....
Looks like I'll be making some more tomorrow, stay tuned for a few more wild blanks being turned.

Scott (easy money) B

Top Bottom