Been a while,got inspired.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rdunn12

rdunn12

After seeing some of Toni's work with the PC it peaked my interest in working with it again.I have'nt turned a pen in a while and thought I would try her method.Did this one today,not as nice as hers obviously.Polymer clay with a CA finish on a silver slimline.Any and all comments welcome.

pcpen1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
After seeing some of Toni's work with the PC it peaked my interest in working with it again.I have'nt turned a pen in a while and thought I would try her method.Did this one today,not as nice as hers obviously.Polymer clay with a CA finish on a silver slimline.Any and all comments welcome.

Looks good. Glad to see you remember how to make a pen. :wink::biggrin:

Last edited:

Toni

Dont sell yourself short, I think your pen is GORGEOUS!! did you use pearl clay? what brand of clay? Great job and am thrilled i inspired you to start making pens again.

altaciii

Good looking pen. I have seen the postings on poly clay on and off for months, frankly the PC pens didn't do that much for me. Guess they never quite perked my interest until Teri joined our band of merry men and women. (I ordered 4 pens from her under orders of SWMBO) I have seen my pens banged up, sat on, fallen on, dropped and thrown and have repaired and replaced a few in the process. How fragile is the PC? Any time I think of clay I think of something dropped somethg broken. It seems that there is no forgiveness by droppin a PC pen on a hard surface?

bgibb42

I agree with Toni, don't sell yourself short. That is a great looking pen!

You should see my sad attempts at PC...

rdunn12

Good looking pen. I have seen the postings on poly clay on and off for months, frankly the PC pens didn't do that much for me. Guess they never quite perked my interest until Teri joined our band of merry men and women. (I ordered 4 pens from her under orders of SWMBO) I have seen my pens banged up, sat on, fallen on, dropped and thrown and have repaired and replaced a few in the process. How fragile is the PC? Any time I think of clay I think of something dropped somethg broken. It seems that there is no forgiveness by droppin a PC pen on a hard surface?

Well Altaciii since this is only a slimline why dont we subject it to some tests.How far of a drop 4 feet or so?I am curious as well.Oops just dropped it from 5 feet(on concrete) hmmm did'nt break or crack,it did however ding the silver plating,but it is minor.:biggrin:

ROOKIETURNER

Nice looking pen.

My girls and I bought several packs of PC and made some instersting blanks. I turned one as a test and it pealed like butter. I couldn't figure out a finish though. I PM'ed Toni last week to ask her about finishing it. She was surprised that I turned the PC. I was surprised that she didn't. Go figure. After much debate and testing I think that I will stick with CA.

I am not sure that I am going to put Toni's method into play, seems easier to me to roll a blank, bake it, cut it, drill it, tube it, mill it, turn it and assemble it....okay maybe not easier, but I am too dang excited about my new lathe, I'll turn anything.

Toni

Geeze~I told you they would'nt crack,but why listen to me I am just a polymer clay artist that makes pens.

I dont own a lathe so turning is not possible, maybe soon...

Top Bottom