Beats the scraps outta me!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rkimery

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Occasionally I get bored so I like to spice it up(?). (We'll see what you think first) There's always something left when you get "store bought" blanks. (I keep everything, unfortunately my wife says....:)) Before I get going I have to make apologies to Eugene Soto (ElMostro) and a couple of others on IAP from where some of these "scraps" came from. :biggrin:

Both pens are made with the Streamline pen kit.

The standing pen is made from three different types of cherry, it has a bit Walnut, Yellowheart and teal colored Boxelder. It also contains a piece of Red Corn Cob. The "white part" next to the nib? It's a piece of a much larger slab.... a Butcher-block purchased from Goodwill on senior citizen's day (Wednesdays) and chopped up for this purpose.

The pen that is laying down is pieces of some ElMostro's Amalgam-Mutts (3 different pieces), a slice of Cocobolo, two acrylics Green and purple, and another piece of corn cob (Green).

Anybody else this crazy? :rolleyes:

A footnote: I was at an Art Show this past Saturday. I had two such pens in my displays, three other "Scrap" pens in my shirt pocket. Every time I took one these out someone wanted it. All in all I sold 5 scrap pens at the show. I had a nice looking 11 piece Cigar Pen with gun metal finish that sold for $45 all Corian types and Acrylics. Maybe too small on the price? :confused:

All comments are welcome, and Thanx for your time!

Randy

Kimery's Creations

Attachments

• 6-2011 Scraps3 - 4x6 +.jpg
    6-2011 Scraps3 - 4x6 +.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 6-2011 Scraps4 - 4x6 +.jpg
    6-2011 Scraps4 - 4x6 +.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 224
  • 6-2011 Scraps5 - 4x6 +.jpg
    6-2011 Scraps5 - 4x6 +.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 184