beall collet chuck will fit the Shopsmith?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bradbn4

Simple question here - looking to see if anyone has managed to fit the beall collet setup to a shopsmith 5/8".

Just looking at options to be able to handle a B mandrel without using the shopsmith jacobs chuck.

bradbn4

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dubdrvrkev

If there isn't a direct fit, I'll bet somebody makes an adapter. Ask Charles at http://www.woodchipshome.com/ he has the best price that I have found on these.
PSI has the adapter http://www.pennstateind.com/store/l5818.html I'm sure others may have it too if you look around a bit. I dont know it the adapter is hollow, you may have to drill it out to allow the mandrel to fit in if it goes deeper than the beall.

Randy_

If you are making one of the Berea kits that are resold by Woodcraft, they have their own bushings and they are designed to be used with a 7 mm mandrel. Another alternative is to make your own bushings out of something like Corian or SDelrin.

DocStram

Brad,
I use a SS510. You might want to give Gary a call at The Wooden Post. 1.888.595.7126. He knows lots about adapters for the SS. He's extremely helpful and friendly.

bradbn4

I was hoping that someone with a shopsmith had used this hardware or tried to use this hardware.

I have an adapter for the shopsmith for "A" mandrels - even have a Nova(2) chuck - but I figured that the beall collect chuck might give better performance than slapping a "b" mandrel on my jacobs chuck.

I have not used the Nova(2) yet - just found a good price on the hardware and bought it to turn bowls. . . bowls that I can store my pens in, yea, that is why I would make bowls...hold pen and pen parts :)

bradbn4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom