BB has a new pen coming out....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Well, BB has a new pen coming out... called the Churchill
Kind of a 40's look... very elegant... FP & RB ...
Of course his site only has a teaser with a picture for now...
A bit too much plastic for my taste, but it looks like it will lend itself well to modifications on the endcap and finial... and the existing plastic looks a lot nicer than the Ligera/El Grande pens IMO..

http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/New_Products.htm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Dang it Tom, don't do that!!! I went to the site all excited, but I couldn't find the pic!

It is right there on the top of the page in the new products section where the link points to.

JimGo

Dang cache! I refreshed and saw it...thanks, and sorry Tom!

Yea, interesting design, though I agree, a bit more metal/wood would make it look richer.

Ron Mc

I like it. I personally like the way this looks better than the Sierra. It seems to me that the Sierra has more "plastic" showing.

ograywolf

Just bought 5 Churchill fountain pen kits in sterling silver from AS. Has a very elegant look compared to the El Grande. I think I'll spread these around to some executive types when I get them built. Maybe generate some special orders. It is interesting that the Berea sterling "Presentation Series" pen kits (paper catalog) sell for $32.00 each, where these are about $11.00. Wonder why? Must be plated, versus solid sterling. Anybody tried the Presentation series?

I used to own a Mont Blanc. Damn thing was more trouble than it was worth. Forever covered with ink. Finally sold it on ebay.

Originally posted by Mac In Oak Ridge
<br />Anyone know if the cap posts? I am finding a lot of folks who don't like pens that you can't post the cap.

I recived an email over the weekend from Bill. The cap does post on the Churchill pen. Friction fit over the round end piece. Bill says it fits nicely and there are no problems with it.

alamocdc

Originally posted by ograywolf
<br />Just bought 5 Churchill fountain pen kits in sterling silver from AS. Has a very elegant look compared to the El Grande.

David, how much of the black is plastic? That is my only concern with this pen. I just don't care much for the cheap plastic look, but if it's black coated/painted metal, that would be different.

ograywolf

I'll let you know when the order gets here. Given that it seems to be a clone of the El Grande, I expect it has a lot of plastic. I get the impression that the Statesman Pen is the next big step up in the larger pens. Must say...the price is sure a poke in the eye! Then there's the "Limited Edition" Statesman at $140...ooof!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom