Basket Illusion Collaboration

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mrs. Charlie_W

Charlie and I took a workshop with Harvey Meyer and made this. Hubby turned the plate and did the beading while I did the pyrography and inking. I love working together with him on a wood turning project.

Attachments

• IMG_5192.jpg
    IMG_5192.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_5194.jpg
    IMG_5194.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 327
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Thanks for the comments!
This was a fun collaborative piece. Having the opportunity to tag team the workshop worked very well. I started the morning with the turning and beading. Wifey came for lunch and she was the student for the afternoon session learning the burning and inking process.
I feel I had the easy part with the turning and beading! Harvey Meyer is so talented with this technique and a wonderful teacher!...a fun day for sure!

Thank you all for your kind words as I try new things. There is certainly room for growth.

I truly am blessed to have a hubby who encourages me to try these new things and goes along with my nudging when I say things like, "Hey honey you should really take this class. If you learn this turning technique then I can try ...."

I am hoping to find a way to combine my passion for quilting with my husband's passion of woodturning. We enjoy working with each other and I see this as a win win for our art forms and us.:highfive:

Mr Vic

Must be something in the water. Our AAW Chapter had a demo on Basket Illusion last month. Of course I made something involving a basket the president challenge for this month. Can't wait to see what folks come up with. Rumor has it our local Woodcraft has had a steady business on beading tools. My wife won't let me color mine.

They are a lot of fun and a challenge.

Top Bottom