• Pen #5

Votes: 48 39.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CREID

Pen #1
1aa.jpg

1bb.jpg
[FONT=&quot]This casting wasn't planned, and resulted because I mixed too much of the red and blue colors in a four color pour. The material is Silmar 41 polyester resin (PR). The formula for the red is 10 drops red dye per 4 oz PR, 1 drop black dye per 4 oz PR, a heaping popsicle stick end of red russet Pearlex, and half that much of interference red Pearlex. The formula for the blue is 10 drops blue dye per 4 oz PR, 2 drops black dye per 4 oz PR, a heaping popsicle stick end of true blue Pearlex, and half that much of interference blue Pearlex. I mixed 5 drops MEKP per oz of PR, and then poured into ¾" PVC pipe molds. The colors pair nicely with black titanium or gun metal platings.[/FONT]

Pen #2
2aa.jpg

2bb.jpg
Breast Cancer Awareness (mini)
Pearlescent Pink Alumilite, vertical round mold.
Made a mold out of PVC electrical conduit, 5/8" inner diameter.
Mixed resin (Alumilite Amazing Clear Cast) with pearlescent powder and pigments, and poured directly into the mold while upright. Bubbles allowed to rise out of the mix overnight, creating streamers of color that flow along the blank.
Drilled, turned, and finished on the lathe - left matte finish.

Pen #3
3aa.jpg

3bb.jpg
I started my casting adventure with only a gallon of silmar 41 and a few helpful private messages on facebook. This blank was poured using silmar 41 and a few pearlex colors (Antique silver, Copper, and turquoise) without pressure in my unheated garage with temps at or below freezing. I used a bucket and a light source for heat.

Pen #4
4aa.jpg

4bb.jpg
I made this Alumilite blank using a mix of six different pearl ex powders and one "chameleon" powder. I poured the blank into a PVC mold using a funnel to swirl the colors around. I tried to create a flame/ripple effect with the deep purple and yellow using the funnel. Thank you for your consideration!

Pen #5
5aa.jpg

5bb.jpg
I am new to casting I made my blank with PR and used Jacquard Pearl Ex
powdered pigments I used violet, salmon pink and pearl white for this
blank. I sanded to 1200 grit and finished with one step plastic polish.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom