Baron instructions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PMisiaszek

I'm waiting for my first Baron kits to arrive and looked at the instructions online. One of the instructions is to insert the spring in the end cap and "apply a drop of silicon seal" inside the end cap. Is this step necessary? If so, what product do you use?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

They want you to do that so when a customer changes the refill they will not loose the spring I have never done it and no complaints but I always tell them to not lose it but it could not hurt I guess.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
When assembling the endpiece, insert the spring with the large end first, then press the threaded couple over the spring and onto the endpiece. That somewhat locks the spring into place. If you wait and insert the spring after the fact, you may need the silicon to hold it in place.

randyrls

On Older barons the spring was small enough to fall out. Newer ones have a larger spring that can be pressed in, but will not fall out. If you are concerned, a drop of Locktite inside the finial will keep the spring in place. CA can be used but be careful about fogging. You can also expand the diameter of the spring to keep it in place.

Top Bottom