Baron end cap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alparent

I can one change the threaded end cap on a baron pen for a tapered end cap like on the Jr Gent?

Where can you get a tapered end cap that would fit a baron?

I need some in Tit. Gold, Black Tit. and Platinum.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Al,

I believe the Jr. Gent II is NOT the same dimension. But the old JR Gent MIGHT fit.

Probably an easier resolution to your problem would be to USE the Jr. Gent.

twoofakind

Yes, you can do it. You will need the Jr Gent bushing and the end cap. AS at one time carried the bushings and the caps, but only in a limited supply.

Texatdurango

Originally posted by alparent
<br />I can one change the threaded end cap on a baron pen for a tapered end cap like on the Jr Gent?

Where can you get a tapered end cap that would fit a baron?

I need some in Tit. Gold, Black Tit. and Platinum.

Alain,

The first thought that popped into my head goes along with what Ed suggested, why not just use the Jr Gent? Unless you already have dozens of the Baron kits, the Jr Gents come in all the platings you want and the end cap is already the way you want it.

While we're talking differences, have you taken a close look at the clip on the Jr Gents and compared it to the Baron clip? Just another of many reasons I quit making the Barons.

It has been a while since I stopped making the Barons and switched to the Jr Gents but if memory serves, you can get them for about the same price, perhaps a bit cheaper than the Barons.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Ed is right. IF you have the old version 1's of the Jr. Gent you can use the tapered end. Of course the Baron is a straight barrel and the Jr. Gent V1 was a tapered barrel, so you will either need an old Jr. Gent V1 end bushing or you will need to turn with your calipers to get the correct diameter at the end. Some folks stocked up on the old tapers for just this reason. I may have some but will have to check. Otherwise, a WTB (want to buy) ad in the classifieds might shake some loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom