Baron disasembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CrazyBear

Ok guys.. Call me stoopid but how do you disasemble a baron

I can figure out the cap but how do you tackle the centre section. You have equal sized holes at either end so I dont seen how a punch kit would work( unless you use a small diameter rod and work at an angle)......

Is there a trick to it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Verne

If I understand the question...I just screw the end cap on one end and use a transfer punch (from HF, about $10) in the open end. Grab the blank really, really tight and hit it on the vise a couple times. Works for me.
Vern

rherrell

You just said it.....( unless you use a small diameter rod and work at an angle)......
I grind the end of a transfer punch flat so you have a crisp edge and work at an angle.

Ligget

Put a small diameter rod in at an angle, gently chap with a hammer all the way round the circumferance.

Once that side is out put a rod in that is slightly smaller than the tube, couple of hard nocks should remove that end.

Originally posted by ligget

Put a small diameter rod in at an angle, gently chap with a hammer all the way round the circumferance.

Once that side is out put a rod in that is slightly smaller than the tube, couple of hard nocks should remove that end.

This is my method also...

Ligget

Smash the middle of the tube with a hammer and the ends should come out easily after that.

2008316185615_hide.gif

pianomanpj

Originally posted by Jarheaded

Smash the middle of the tube with a hammer and the ends should come out easily after that.:D
Johnnie,
That is, without a doubt, the "brute force" approach. I would personally have recommended a tool that uses more finesse. Like a hacksaw.:D

Top Bottom