BARON CRISIS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimr

This morning during my first turning my Jet 1442 variable speed crashed. It would only run in the slowest speed. I could not get it resolved or really figure out what was causing the problem. But wait, its a bird, its a plane, no its a 30 year old craftsman that I learned to turn on and used for 3 decades. Still works, a bit rough but it works. This will slow me down and result in some long hours.
I finally got the Jet to where I could change speeds but it won't hold at a speed. It appears there is a keeper ring that came loose on the shaft. It may even be bad bearings. If anyone has a Jet 1442 that can offer some advice or suggestions I would be eternally grateful.(Tossing it and getting a Oneway is not an option)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

mrcook4570

I have a jet 1442. Never had a problem with the internal parts but the lever used for changing speeds can slip from time to time. One allen screw holds it in place. I find that I must frequently (once every couple of months) remount the handle and tighten that screw.

guts

Jim,my 1442 lasted a little longer than yours,I bought it in April and about a month ago it started making a wierd noise(screaming),so I called them and was advised to take it to a local place to get it fixed,hav'nt done that yet but will before the warranty runs out,I thought that the name Jet meant great quality,guess I was wrong,sorry for the rant but I'm not real pleased with this $1,200.oo machine,just don't like the idea of not having my lathe to work on while I have it repaired.

Rudy Vey

Maybe time to add some money to your $1200 for the Jet and get a Oneway!! I have mine now for nearly three years and it works like on the first day (and I use it pretty much daily).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom