Baron centerband question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKF

Can the black plastic ring that sandwiches in the centerband not be used without changing anything else? I like it on some of the pens, but think it would look good if it were removed on others...Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Don, I think many times they look better without the extra CB pieces. For a good looking example of this take a look at one that Jim in Oakville did.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26432

Rudy Vey

Actually, this black ring is made from brass - after some time the black paint comes off, like it does from the threads. I just saw the other day a Titanium metal pen I sold two years ago and it was used daily intensively. Was not a nice sight, though. The Titanium looks like new, but nearly all the black paint had worn off. What comes to light is looking more like copper. Since I saw that (and it has started on my personal Baron as well), I have on some Barons omitted that band and the other one in the same color as the hardware, and it looked quite good.

Rudy Vey

Actually, this black ring is made from brass - after some time the black paint comes off, like it does from the threads. I just saw the other day a Titanium metal pen I sold two years ago and it was used daily intensively. Was not a nice sight, though. The Titanium looks like new, but nearly all the black paint had worn off. What comes to light is looking more like copper. Since I saw that (and it has started on my personal Baron as well), I have on some Barons omitted that band and the other one in the same color as the hardware, and it looked quite good.

gerryr

Some time ago, I tried leaving off both extra rings on the Baron and really liked how it looked. I am accumulating a large pile of those rings because I never use them anymore. I think the thinner CB looks better, especially if you trying to line up the grain.

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Some time ago, I tried leaving off both extra rings on the Baron and really liked how it looked. I am accumulating a large pile of those rings because I never use them anymore. I think the thinner CB looks better, especially if you trying to line up the grain.

I am the same way, I do not use those rings any more on the Barons, I like the simple clean crisp look of the simple line...I tried to get rid of them on teh Jr Gents, but they were on too tight. Now if we could get Barons with plated threads, the black plastic looks okay, but I'd be happier if they were plated ... maybe[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom