Bar-B-Que?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GoodTurns

GoodTurns

nope...next best thing...clambake! Now if I could just find someone from Maine with lobsters.....

Attachments

• clam pot.jpg
    clam pot.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 533
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

I smoked a whole pork loin today and just got done pulling it. Going now to have some pulled pork bar-b-que. Not the healthiest, but hey I have not busted my rear to loose the weight Jon did. Jon I thought about you while watching the Biggest Looser finale. :biggrin:

witz1976

Nice!! But was this a true clam bake? You know what I am talking about, dig a big hole in the sand, make a bon fire once that sucker is burned down to coals throw seaweed on the coals, throw in clams and other ocean goodies, more seaweed then sand and let'er sit for a while while drinking enough beer to kill a whale.:biggrin::biggrin:

Now THAT would be a clam bake...*sigh* the fun times as a late teen... ya know except the beer part cause that would be wrong:rolleyes::biggrin:

GoodTurns

Nice!! But was this a true clam bake? You know what I am talking about, dig a big hole in the sand, make a bon fire once that sucker is burned down to coals throw seaweed on the coals, throw in clams and other ocean goodies, more seaweed then sand and let'er sit for a while while drinking enough beer to kill a whale.:biggrin::biggrin:

Now THAT would be a clam bake...*sigh* the fun times as a late teen... ya know except the beer part cause that would be wrong:rolleyes::biggrin:

Did a few of those up in Maine in the 70s-80s...still favorite times....this was just a pot on the propane ring

witz1976

Did a few of those up in Maine in the 70s-80s...still favorite times....this was just a pot on the propane ring

My last BIG one was in Mass. My folks had friends who hosted one heck of a clam bake. It was a 2 day event.

Dana Fish

Lobsters?!?!!? I can get lobsters. We do a huge lobster feast a few times a summer. I'm talking 12-15 people and easily 1-2 lobsters per person. TOO EXPENSIVE???

Normally yes but not when your best bud is a local lobsterman. :)

clapiana

My bud moved to fl last month and came up last week to get the "lobstas" out of his system ..... We had a bake with a bunch of chicken lobsters he picked up a 9 lb monster....it was silly how big it was. The claw was so huge they used electrical black tape to keep it closed..... Good time and he went back to fl with his fill of lobstas for a little while. Hahaha

PenMan1

Pork shoulder cooked over hickory for 8 hours. Pulled and covered with Western North Carolina vinegar base BBQ sauce.

Genuine Pawley's Island, SC "trash in the can (yellow corn niblets, Vidalia onions, celery, red potatoes, Polish Sausage, shrimp and crawfish).

Tomorrow, prime rib from the Showtime rotisserie.

Top Bottom