Banded ivory Tru-Stone Jr Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from AlanZ

AlanZ

In a few hours I'm going to surprise my periodontist with this gift.

I wanted to do something 'dental', so combining the ivory look with silver and gold should make it 'toothy'

I've done several Tru-stone before... this was my first with the ivory variant.

Attachments

• ivory_pen1[1].jpg
    ivory_pen1[1].jpg
    50 KB · Views: 410
  • ivory_pen2[1].jpg
    ivory_pen2[1].jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 302
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AlanZ

I just gave the pen to him... he was surprised and delighted.

He had recently mentioned to his wife that he doesn't have a desk pen for his home office. So when he saw the new pen, he smiled at the coincidence.

He also mentioned that he's going to have a hard time keeping it away from his wife!

I explained the reasons for the material and color choices. I also gave him the choice of any other pen in my portfolio (mostly tru-stone, wood and acrylic). He eyed a black & white ebony euro ballpoint, but went right back to the ivory jr. statesman.

Funny... the first thing he did when he unscrewed the pen was to try to post the cap. I cut that short quickly, mentioning that with this style and material, posting makes the pen top heavy. I let him try some tycoons that post, and he agreed.

I think he may replace the black ink cartridge with blue, and I explained the reason for keeping the cap on a rollerball when not in use.

All in all, he's a happy camper.

I also said he should use the pen when figuring out the upcoming periodontal bill because it does 'sharp' calculations.

AlanZ

Richard,

Both the M3 and the Banded Ivory were purchased from you during a recent promotion. Thanks to R and B Crafts' support of our little projects.

Attachments

• ivory_m3_pens.jpg
    ivory_m3_pens.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 239

AlanZ

Thanks Richard.

The IAP forum does some funky compression when uploading images... sacrificing sharpness.

Here are the originals
photo 1 both pens
photo 2 m3 alone

I like the M3, but in future orders would hope that the damascus pattern was more pronounced. This one is pretty fine grained and a bit too subtle. I have an M3 black/white mokume that I haven't turned yet... we'll see how that comes out.

I have a full size Stateman kit (my first attempt at a large pen) in the same titanium style as the Jr. I'm trying to decide if I should use the M3 blank or go for Tru-Stone or use some very nicely figured cocoblolo that I have recently acquired.

I want to have at least one large pen in the portfolio, so people will see that a Jr, Tycoon, etc. aren't "big" pens <vbg>

Decisions, decisions!

Top Bottom