Band saw help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I am looking at getting a new bigger band saw. Do any of you have any suggestions on a good well built band saw capable of cutting wood from large to small. I do pens and hunting calls so I would like to start buying my wood and cutting it myself to my specifications.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I would starat with a 14in band saw, Grizzly,Ridgid, RIkon. Maybe you could find something on craigslist again that would be a sweet deal for you.

Hess

Right now I have a little Protech 9" band saw that I got off of Craigslist for $50 when I first started.

I got a 14 inch delta that has little use on it for 200. The trunnion broke and delta had them replace took 3 mos so got a 17 inch grizz the saw is a floor modal 3/4 or 1 hp cost near 380 1.5 years ago

Nate Davey

I have a 14" Rigid that is very good quality and not real expensive. I just bought the Jet 6" riser block kit for it, which is very inexpensive and good quality so now can cut most anything I can get on my lathe.

capcrnch

I just recently bought a ridgid 14".
I LOVE it. It's so much better than my old saw that took a crap on me a few months ago.

I'm very happy with the purchase.

Rifleman1776

Don't know what you mean by "large" and "small". Can guess at small but large can be up to log size.
For most shop purposes a 14" is plenty of bandsaw. For bigger work a 17" will hande some hefty stuff.
Peruse the Grizzly catalog to get an idea of what is available and what will fit your budget.
I have a 14" and am about to put a riser on it to do up to 12" cuts. Otherwise it is limited to 6". But, understand, the riser does not make it a sawmill.

Top Bottom