Bake lite with inside blank painted

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

Yesterday I showed a bakelite that I thought was butterscotch and it turned out to be white swirl. I said I would make a couple with the blank painted inside, Here they are from butterscotch to cream to blue. To all who bought these the possibilites are endless....

IMG_1834-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

so Roy, were the top and bottom painted the same shade of blue, with just the difference in thickness changing the color, or is that two different colors of paint? Also, for the middle one, are they painted white? or does the brass show through for some butterscotch tint?

OKLAHOMAN

James both barrels were painted the same color, the thickness will make them slightly different. The cream one was the first one I did and had no idea that the butterscotch was just a patina and would be turned off and become white swirl. The tubes do add color and I would now paint the inside white if I wanted a white swirl look.

Rfturner

I will take all three. You can ship them to my house. They look great I especially like the blue ones but the are all amazing pens

OC1

You want to tell me those are all the same blank? Just the tubes were painted? I don't understand, those look totally different... sorry to be such noob, please educate me!

OKLAHOMAN

First of all don't be sorry, you'll never get answers unless you ask the question. I did not paint the tubes I reverse painted the inside of the blank after drilling. The butterscotck was just the pitina after sitting for 60-80 years in a warehouse and when turned off the bakelite was a creamy white with swirls. Here is a link when I had some for sale to show the butterscotch turned off.http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60343
You want to tell me those are all the same blank? Just the tubes were painted? I don't understand, those look totally different... sorry to be such noob, please educate me!

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Great looking pens Roy ! Painting the blanks was a great idea . So I guess any color is a possibility ? Love that Bakelite !

PenMan1

These are great, but I have to say this after all the "majestic" grief others have recieved. ROY MADE A PIMP PEN, ROY MADE A PIMP PEN, NA NA NA NA NA NA.

Those are beautiful. Finally like the ole Majestic or just couldn't let that price go?

JohnU

Roy those are absolutely Beautiful!!!! That last one in blue looks like you took a piece from the sky or the heavens and made a pen of it. Speechless!!!

Top Bottom