Bad execution

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JudeA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudeA

Hey yall
Just finished this pen. Spent all day cleaning the shop so I wanted to try this one I have been thinking of. But I had some problems first the kit I used nothing fit had to glue everthing on the pen but I also forgot I had to cut away for the cb and lost my bottom half of the cap. I will try again later. While I was their I tried a new pen stand/ still needs to be finished/ so what yall think??
The woods are purpleheart,yellowheart,redheart,ebony,bubinga/and hardwood dowel .
Hope yall like
Jude

2006122525034_000000011.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Each pen is a learning experience. I like the segmenting, however I see that kit as a more traditional one as opposed to the body which appears a more modern design. Now, that may be the contrast you were looking for, I dont know. All in all, good execution, too bad you lost the band in the center.

BigRob777

I agree with Eric and Glenn. I love the pokadots the best, but a plainer kit would make the wood accents less cluttered. Are the dowels surface, or do they go all of the way through?
Rob

JudeA

The dowels go all the way. The more I look at the pen the more I like it/ to bad it's going byby. I put the pen up against the one I made for the wife and this one looks better/ for hers I used red cherry/ Hers is more girly and this one is more MANLY.
Thanks again for looking and commenting.
Jude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom